Dr. Henry Childs
Standing Committee Chair
• Distinguished decorated career as a Commander and Chief or Dean of Logistics in the Air Force; award-winning record in educating, training, and assessing students.
• Proven course developer; developed academic courses for aviation ground training to improve aircrew performance and flight safety.
• Managed training, student’s careers, and accession for over 59,000 airmen involving maintenance, supply, transportation, contracting, and logistics plans; $1.3B budget.
• Selected as elite Air Force educational team member to develop new logistics career field curriculum, training requirement, and career certification path.
• Command briefer, instructor, and communicator with acknowledged facilitator skills in reaching consensus, planning, organizing, strategic planning, and negotiation.
• DBA, Business Administration, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN, 2017.
DISSERTATION: Strategies that Logistics Leaders use for Achieving Successful Process improvement
• M.S., Human Resource Development, Webster University, St. Louis, MO, 1994
• B.A., Political Science, University of Georgia, Athens GA, 1973
ACADEMIC HONORS AND AWARDS
• Six Sigma Black Belt, Certificate, Villanova University
• Logistics Executive Management, Defense Acquisition University
• Acquisition Executive Management, Defense Acquisition University
• Air War College, McConnell, AFB, Kansas
• Best Contractor Award, Robins Air Force Base, GA, 2007-2008
• 21st Century Partnership Award, Robins Air Force Base, GA, 2005-2006
• Air Force Chief of Staff Excellence Award, Robins Air Force Base, GA, 2004 to 2005
• Best Group Commander, Lajes Air Force Base, Portugal, 19997-1998
• Best Commander, McConnell Air Force Base, CA, 1996-1997
Home: 478-953-2118 • Cell: 478-397-7486